Application in FY2020 was closed on November 10, 2019.
Thank you for your submissions!
User-Program Application for FY2020
Essential point of the application in FY2020 is shown below.
User-Program Application in starts from October 1, 2019.
The deadline is
|November 10, 2019 (JST).|
By announcement from JAEA (sorry, Japanese only), JRR-3 is scheduled to be restored in Feb. 2021. However we will annually accept user-program applications because of the promotion of our User-program transferring support. Furthermore, a large number of applications serves as driving force for JRR-3 restoration as user's wills. We hope you will apply!
How to apply?
- To apply your program, you need to access the web-based application system NSL RING (NSL Research Information NaviGator).
- This system was introduced in FY2014.
- Java-enabled browser is required. The operation was checked on Firefox and Safari.
- This system manages the accounts of users. All of the accounts are commonalized with those of another application system JRR-3 RING, which is introduced for instruments administered by JAEA. If you have never used either system, you need to create your account; it takes about 5 min. If you already have your account, you can continuously use the account.
Details of Application
*From call for proposals FY2016, applications from only using NSL RING are accepted.
Submitted proposals are reviewed through the scientific review by two referees of the related research field and the technical review by Instrumentation and Research Team (IRT) members. Based on these results, through the comprehensive reviews on NSPAC and NSL operating committee, on which all of the proposals are judged of acceptance/rejection and their machine-time are distributed, the ISSP professorate gives the approval. The result is announced to each applicant.
The details are here.
User-Program Transferring Support
- We will also accept it if you do not apply your program but want to receive a travel-expenses' support by our program.
How to apply?
- Prepare and submit your application form as usual on NSL RING , which opens even out of the usual application period.
- Download the form and e-mail to the Application address shown in the last of this page.
- You have to submit the report via NSL Activity-Webpage after your experiment.
Overbooking is allowed for the acceptance of general user-programs. Pleae note that the accepted application cannot be executed because of some conditions in your desired experimental-time.
You must contact the instrument leader and fix the schedule of your accepted beam-time as soon as possible. The "Overbooking" system began in FY2010, at which up to about 16% of the whole user-time for each instrument is allowed. On the other hand, all of the accepted applications can be executed in principle, because of the up-to-about-16% buffering time. However, it is possible that the buffering time does not remain because it is used as not only the accepted applications executing but also reserved applications. Therefore, if you do not assert the execution of your experiment until year-end even though your proposal was accepted, it is possible that your experiment cannot execute.
We redefined zero days of the machine-time as not "Program-Accept" but "Reserve", because it is confusing with the general "Accept".
- , we will accept the general user-program. User-program at iNSE DOESN'T execute also in FY2016, because of some commissioning from the earthquake disaster restorations.
- User-program using the special accessory such as superconducting magnet and dilution refrigerator is required to contact us in advance. Depending on the experimental condition, the available schedule may be limited. If you will apply such a program, please e-mail to the Application address shown in the last of this page.
- In use of accessories shch as refrigerator and furnace, a supervisor approved from our facility is required. After the program is accepted, the procedures are announced to its applicant.
- The consumables such as sample-container and cryogen have to be paid in full or half by user as a general, acceding to the use-rule on ISSP.
|Address||Neutron Science Laboratory Office,|
The Institute for Solid State Physics, The University of Tokyo
106-1 Shirakata, Tokai, Naka, Ibaraki, 319-1106 JAPAN