Review of General User Proposal
Accepted proposal is deliberated on NSL operating committee through the following reviews:
- Technical review, by IRT (Instrumentaion and Research Team) members, and
- Scientific review, by two referees and commissioners assigned from its corresponding scientific-field,
- comprehensive review, on NSPAC (Neutron Scatering Program Advisory Committee), and then concluded its acceptance or rejection.
- First announcement: .
- Opening of acceptance:
- Deadline: .
- Technical review by IRT members and argument among them: .
- Assign of referees by each commissioner in its scientific field: .
- Forwarding the proposal and its result of the technical review to scientific referees via internet.:
- Assembling the judgement by scientific referees: .
- Comprehensive reviews on NSPAC and NSL operating committee: .
- Notification applicant of its acceptance or rejection: .
The whole whole review consists of scientific and technical reviews. Applicant is required to prepare a proposal simple to understand.
Two referees elected from its scientific field are review the following:
- Purpuse: What and how far is clarified? Whether the target is clear?
- Novelty and Originality: What is originality of the scientific viewpoint and experimental method?
- Scientific Background
- In novel research direction, is the understanding of the scientific background sufficient?
- In evolvement of neutron science from other probes, was the fruit of other experimental methods obtained sufficiently?
- In succesive research as neutron science, have the publication and presentation been sufficiently performed?
- Significance: How does the expected result affect its scientific field?
Each IRT leader and its members review, with checking the instrument environment and the feasibility, the following:
- Planning: Is the experimental plan appropriate?
- Feasibility: Is the experiment possible on its instrument?
- Necessity: What is the inevitability of using the beamline in JRR-3?
- Achievement: Have the sufficient publication and presentation ever been performed?
Back to the Application page.